Thursday 9 August 2012

Montreal

I just got back from a weekend in Montreal.
I went to Osheaga (three day music festival). It was AMAZING!!

Here are a few pictures I took with my iphone
(more pictures from my real camera coming in a few days)

Day 1







We got off the train and found our hostel. Grabbed lunch and headed over to the island.

On day 1 we saw: Of Monster and Men - Gary Clark Jr - Florence + the Machine - Sigur Ros - MGMT. (For sure. We saw some others in passing that I don't remember)
We met - Of Monsters and Men!
The closed the evening with fireworks during MGMTs set. Not sure if they were intended for Osheaga, but we could see them and it was magical.

Day 2






We decided to do a little shopping.
We went to breakfast then continued on our way.
We stopped at a few vintage shops -Kitch 'n' Swell, Rokokonut, Eva B-
Eva B is what is pictured above. It was insane in there. Three floors of shopping. Product going outside on decks.  A basement dedicated to halloween costumes. That pile of clothes? Everything in that pile was a dollar. Plus it was also a cafe.
Then we headed over to the island.
We saw:   Yound the Giant, Yeasayer, Brand New, Garbage, Feist, and Snoop Dogg
We met - Yukon Blonde

Day 3



It rained on day 3. So I didn't take many photos on my phone.
It was a jam packed day. We grabbed some breakfast and ponchos and headed on our way bright and early. I had sprained my ankle the evening before so it was a slower paced day.

We saw:  Chappo, Zeus, Zola Jesus (before she got shutdown because her stage flooded :() Passion Pit, Austra, the Shins, Bloc Party, and the Black keys.

Day 4
(last day)




Best breakfast. They take any fruit you want and turn it into a drink for you. Amazing.
We did the most of our shopping on this day then hopped back on the train to come home.

The trip was amazing.
Have any of you been to Montreal? Any suggestions on places to go or things to see for the next trip? I'd love to hear any ideas.













No comments:

Post a Comment